Friday, December 18, 2015

Librarian Perils #13 - Meeting Ms. Pryor


Dear Ms. Kent:

It has come to my attention that you have been investigating sensitive matters that do not concern you. Please report to my office IMMEDIATELY to discuss disciplinary actions and your continued employment with this library. I am waiting.

Sincerely,

Ms. Pryor
Regional Manager


The nerve of that woman!

Over the course of the last few days I had been assaulted, chloroformed, tied up twice, drugged, molested by college students, stripped naked, publicly humiliated, stranded at the library wearing a stupid bikini… not to mention that my friend Amanda had been kidnapped and shipped to Istanbul… and I was finally going to confront the woman responsible for all of it.

I had every intention of giving her a piece of my mind! Who did she think she was? She couldn’t just treat people like this?

I was livid! I was so angry that I was definitely not thinking clearly. Unfortunately I didn’t realize this until my hand touched the doorknob leading into Ms. Pryor’s office...

What exactly was my plan here? Was I about to commit career suicide and pick a fight with my supervisor, the library’s Regional Manager, a woman who mysteriously possessed the financial resources to construct an underground library beneath her office in secret and fill it with literary works from around the world that were believed to have been lost for all time? Was I just going to barge into her office and demand answers from a woman who was obviously not afraid to break the law and who associated with violent criminals? Was I going to intimidate her into confessing her evil plan and then have her sit patiently and wait for me to call the police?

What was I thinking?!?! I should be running for my life!!!

I heard her soft voice call out to me from within the room...

“Come in, dear... We have a lot to discuss.”

I froze. My hand was still on the knob. I should run. I should run back to my office and lock myself in and call the police.

I couldn’t seem to get myself to move. Fight or flight? I seemed to be stuck somewhere in between.
I watched my hand turn the knob, as if my hand had made the choice before my mind was fully aware of what was going on. I realized that I wanted to see Ms. Pryor. I had to see what she looked like. I wanted answers!

The door swung open and I was astonished to see that the office was now completely furnished and redecorated. This room had been completely empty the night before when Amanda and I had entered the underground library via a secret elevator that was hidden in the floor under the carpeting. Now the carpet was gone and a permanent hardwood floor had been installed. If the elevator was still intact there no longer seemed to be a visible way to access it. Ms. Pryor must have had the furniture brought in and the floor replaced to hide access to the underground library. How could she pull all of this off so quickly?

It didn't matter. It was done. Who would believe my side of the story now?

“So nice to meet you at last… Ms. Kent.”

Ms. Pryor chuckled softly to herself, as if my name somehow inspired a private joke. She rose from her desk and gestured for me to enter the office.

She was strikingly beautiful, perhaps one of the most attractive women that I had ever seen. Her voice sounded both soothing and commanding at the same time. She gazed at me with blazing green eyes that reminded me of a predator sizing up its prey. I suddenly felt vulnerable and exposed and uncomfortably aware of the fact that I was still wearing Megan’s skimpy yellow bikini. My outfit left little to the imagination, but Ms. Pryor looked at me so brazenly and lasciviously that she was obviously imagining... something...arousing? I couldn’t help but notice that the room seemed to be filled with an unexpected but undeniable sexual tension between the two of us. She seemed oddly familiar. Did I know this woman from somewhere?

Ms. Pryor flashed me a cruel and confident smile... a smile that was so suggestive and so seductive that I nearly swooned…

I was in serious trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment