Friday, December 18, 2015

The Librarian Perils of Chrys Kent #1

 

My name is Chryseis Kent. I was recently hired on as the Head Librarian of Racks View Memorial Library by the curator Mr. Mathers. I am responsible for getting this place cleaned up in the wake of a major renovation and ensuring that the library runs smoothly.

During my interview, Mr. Mathers warned me about the local college students and that they could be quite mischievous. I'm not sure who the former Head Librarian was or why she retired so suddenly and without warning, but apparently she used to allow some of the older students to get away with just about whatever they wanted.

That wasn't going to be the case under my watch.

It didn't take long for a few troublemakers to show up. I caught a young woman and her boyfriend making out in the closet of the media center. That section of the library is still without power and it was very dark, so I couldn't get a good look at either of them at the time. I told them that they would have to leave immediately or I would have no choice but to report them to the police! They panicked and scrambled out of a nearby window, and I assumed that would be the end of it.

Later that night, while I was locking up the library... they came back...

No comments:

Post a Comment