Friday, December 18, 2015

Librarian Perils #20 - S.W.A.T. Techniques


"Right this way, sir... The book that you're looking for is shelved with our other law enforcement resources."

"Excellent! Thank you so much, Ms. Kent."

"Here it is... S.W.A.T. Techniques & Procedures."

"Ah, yes... this will work just fine."

"Are you a police officer? I must say... I do love a man in uniform."

"Me? Oh, no... quite the opposite."

"Hmmm... then why the interest in a book about S.W.A.T. techniques?"

"Oh, I couldn't care less about the subject matter... I just like the heft of the book itself."

"I don't understand."

"Books can be used for much more than just reading, Ms. Kent. This one has a good weight to it... Just enough to deliver a sharp blow, but not so heavy that it will do any serious damage."

"Damage? Damage to what?"

"To your backside, of course."

"What?!?! Hey!!!... Let me go!"

"This book isn't for me... it's for you."

"No, please!!!"

"Like it or not, you're about to learn a great deal about 'swat' techniques, Ms. Kent..."

No comments:

Post a Comment