Friday, December 18, 2015

Librarian Perils #30 - Suspending A Rival


"I'm telling you, Angela, I think Ms. Kent is in some kind of trouble... No one has seen her all day!"

"You worry too much, Megan. She probably just took the day off. After what the art club did to her yesterday, who could blame her?"

"I don't think so... I had a research consultation scheduled with her this afternoon. She would have called and cancelled if she couldn't make it."

"Oh, I get it... You're just upset because your girlfriend stood you up..."

"What? It's... it's not like that at all! Ms. Kent is not my girlfriend. She's just helping me with an assignment!"

"Oh, right, Megan.... just an assignment. I always forget to wear a bra when I'm just doing my assignments also."

"I just... I was trying to catch her attention."

"You look amazing, Megan... Like... really amazing! Seriously, I think it's cute that you have a crush... but I don't think Ms. Kent feels the same way about you."

"You're probably right..."

"You can do better, Megan. You deserve to be with someone that really appreciates how special you are... someone that would do anything to be with you... and who wouldn't let anyone get in her way."

"Oh, uhm... that's so sweet of you to say Angela."

"And hey, since, uhm... since Ms. Kent stood you up... would you... like to maybe have dinner with me tonight?"

"Are you... are you asking me out? ...Like... on a date?"

"Well, that depends... are you going to say yes?"

"Hmmm... I think I just might."

"Great! Then yes! I'm definitely asking you out! Do you want to get going?"

"Sure, yeah... Hopefully Ms. Kent is okay..."

"Listen, I think you should just forget about Ms. Kent. I'm sure she'll be fine. In fact I can pretty much guarantee that she's hanging around here someplace."

No comments:

Post a Comment